HYLA is a leadership and social justice-themed day camp.
HYLA is designed to give middle school, high school and college freshmen youth the confidence and leadership skills they need to bring about social change within their communities. For three fun-filled days of inspiring and thought-provoking activities, participants learn about social justice issues and leadership development.
- explore social justice issues including how your communities are affected
- explore various leadership abilities and styles
- deepen confidence and public speaking skills
- learn the principles of nonviolence
- learn how to resolve conflicts
- explore bias awareness and bullying prevention techniques
- meet like-minded peers and make friendships that will last a lifetime
Become involved with HYLA:
“The Hudson Youth Leadership Academy, a.k.a HYLA, is a fun place to be where you meet new friends from all over and learn to take steps to becoming an effective leader in our generation. Here you learn about how people from different parts of the world live and function. You learn how to become a leader and actually do something about the problems you are passionate about. And most of all you have fun.”
– Tezia, HYLA Participant