How can decision making for seniors be creative? Individuals can resolve issues of aging creatively through mediation. Mediation is a process where a trained mediator facilitates on the behalf of both people or the parties involved to fairly bring about reconciliation, compromise or settlement. Mediation is a short-term process which often leads to improved relations between, seniors, their adult children, other relatives and care givers (nursing home aides, nurses, physicians). Mediation for families and caregivers also leads to new skills for managing roles and responsibilities.
About CRC Elder Concerns
Everyone deserves to feel positive about: the support they need; the decision making process regarding health concerns; the transition into assisted living facilities or nursing homes. Conflicts arise when an aging family member’s health, daily care, finances, estate and or living arrangements become necessary to discuss, resolve and plan a course of action. The examples of elder conflict are seemingly endless and cannot be contained in here; however, CRC is equipped and well versed in the various needs facing all parties involved.
Some of the questions, concerns or conflicts that may arise that we can help mediate:
- How can families keep relationships peaceful when everyone in the family does not agree on the decisions that need to be made?
- When is it not safe for an older person to drive a car?
- Should the senior stay in their home? If not, what type of eldercare facility will fit the older person’s needs: a day care facility; rehabilitation facility; an assisted living, or a nursing home?
- If the caregivers are the children or a spouse, how will they be supported to prevent burnout?
- Who will deal with the finances of the person in need?
- What happens if the nursing home isn’t giving the care the senior needs?
- How should the family address end of life issues?
- How will the estate be managed?
- How is the power of attorney and the living will to be handled?
If you are interested in an elder mediation for you and your loved ones or designing an elder care workshop, please contact CRC at: 845-353-1796 or email@example.com.