WOVEN supports the Nurturing Inclusive Community Environment (NICE), an emotional support program designed to end school violence and encourage academic success. Woven is one of the co-founders of the NICE Program, and works in collaboration with East Ramapo School District and Creative Response to Conflict (a local non-profit).
The NICE Program mission is to reimagine public education by assuring that every person, no matter their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or socioeconomic status reach their full potential and to cultivate a safe and peaceful learning environment in partnership with the school and community.
- NICE supports schools to build a positive and safe school community where everyone is welcome and encouraged to be the best version of their self. We focus on the whole school community– students, teachers, administration, staff, parents, and the larger community.
- NICE uses restorative practices and community circles to emphasize nonviolence and social and emotional learning while promoting problem solving skills, empathy, self-esteem and self-efficacy within the school community.
- NICE works with all stakeholders to identify areas for growth in the school, and creates goals to address together while utilizing available resources within the school and community.
- NICE promotes and embraces diversity. We celebrate the successes of all students, teachers, staff, administration, and parents in the school community.
- NICE advocates and empowers students to use their voice and leadership skills. We also work to inform and train the school community on conflict resolution, social and emotional learning, and restorative practices.
Click here to learn about Conflict Resolution Programs in Higher Education program at universities across the country.