Three Days Dedicated to Changing the World!
If you are a student in middle school, high school or a Freshman in college and are interested in building leadership skills, HYLA may be the summer program for you. The HYLA 2012 application can be filled out online or printed out, filled out and sent in to CRC.
For online application: click this link bit.ly/HYLA2012
If you prefer to print out the application, fill out and mail it to CRC, please download the pdf here: HYLAapplication.pdf
HYLA is a three – day leadership building camp.
HYLA is designed to give middle school, high school and college freshmen youth the confidence and leadership skills they need to bring about social change within their communities. For three fun-filled days of inspiring and thought-provoking activities, particiapants learn about social justice issues and leadership development.
What will be learned:
- explore social issues affecting young people around the world
- explore various leadership abilities and styles
- deepen confidence and public speaking skills
- learn the principles of nonviolence
- learn how to resolve conflicts
- explore bias awareness and bullying prevention techniques
- meet like-minded peers and make friendships that will last a lifetime