Hudson Youth Leadership Academy (HYLA) is a four-day long camp designed to give middle school, high school, and first-year college students the leadership skills and confidence they need to create change within their community.
Four Fun-Filled Days:
- Interactive learning through workshops on leadership development
- Workshops that address how to create caring cultures within our schools
- Guidance from internationally trained Me to We facilitators
- A celebration on the last day – a big BBQ and talent show showcasing HYLA participants
- Incredible friendships with like-minded young people to last a lifetime
The application process for HYLA 2020 will open soon. Stay tuned!
Restorative justice is becoming more popular every day as an alternative to the punitive model of accountability for harm. The philosophy, skills, and practices to implement restorative justice are in greater demand.
Check out this New York Times article to learn more.
Each year, the German peace organization Eirene dispatches volunteers who want to help organizations all over the world. CRC hosted Christopher Ohnesorg, Malte Greiner-Petter, and Johannes Glatz from Germany, and was grateful for their volunteer efforts.
Eirene’s newsletter always features articles about the work their volunteers do. This article focuses on Johannes’ time with Creative Response to Conflict. The original German article can be found here.